Isn’t it time we make a change? Get on board with IU2U and the Fit Kids Act today! Then, check out the four-week Chiquita Family Challenge complete with menus, daily fitness and activity charts, kid-friendly recipes, and lifestyle info.
The Fit Kids Act
The FIT Kids Act, proposed in 2007, would mandate schools adhere to the National Association for Sport and Physical Education’s recommendation that:
- Elementary school students receive 150 minutes dedicated to physical education each week
- Middle school and high school students receive 225 minutes of physical education each week
- Schools enact programs to educate parents, teachers and administrators of the dangers of childhood obesity
You can Sign the petition now!
Get Fit Together!
Yes, TOGETHER! Did you know that kids need 1 hour of physical activity each day or most days of the week? Here are a few ways to have fun with your family and get healthy at the same time.
- Turn everyday household chores into mean, lean, cleaning competitions.
- Put the ‘we’ in Wii by playing active video games with your kids.
- Sign up your family for a relay race in your community.
- You can also find Kid-Friendly Recipes at IU2U.org
And now what you’ve all been waiting for… It’s Up 2 U Giveaway!
IU2U.org wants you to get in the act and fight childhood obesity. Enter to win a grand prize of a $100 gift card and VIP coupons for Chiquita fruit and veggie snacks.
(1) Grand Prize: $100 Gift card
(5) Runner-ups: Five VIP coupons ($25 value) for free samples of Chiquita Fruit and Veggie Bites including Apples with Cinnamon Creme and Pineapple Bites with Coconut
To enter, simply leave a comment here at this post.
And don’t forget – you can get extra entries in our giveaways… If you already subscribe to our newsletter and/or our RSS feed and/or have our button on your site, you qualify for additional entries. Also, if you tweet or spread the word via facebook, your blog, etc., just leave additional comments letting us know and you will have additional entries. (Your comments are your entries.)
This giveaway is open for entry until Friday June 12th, 2009. The winner will be announced on Saturday June 13th, 2009. This giveaway is open to US addresses only.
Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules. This promotion is void where prohibited.